Whether you are whitewater enthusiast who would like to know more about rafting and have a great time on the river or your goal is to change your life and be a certified IRF RAFT GUIDE this course is the best choice for you to start. If you have tons of guiding experience and you want to step further, focus on our Trip Leader course.
- Location: Slovenia, Bovec, Soča river class II-IV
- Date: Guide course: 1-5, May 2017. / TL course: 7-9, May 2017.
- Language: English
- IRF Instructor 4/5
- Bronze medal in R4 on ERC 2005, Captain of hungarian R6 team on WRC 2005, Team Member in 2007
- Canoe – kayak coach
- Owner and operator of HungaroRaft and Adventure Center Bovec
- Experience: since 1996
Program for the guide candidates:
Meeting: April 30, 2017, Sunday 19.00, Bovec centre, Adventure Center Bovec
For detailed program check the IRF Guide Training Program.
- Monday 9.00-19.00, Theory, River Signals and basic Rescue Techniques
- Tuesday 9.00-19.00, Rafting techniques
- Wednesday 9.00-19.00 Advanced Rescue Techniques
- Thursday 9.00-19.00, Emergency scenarios
- Friday 9.00-19.00, IRF Guide Assessments
Program for the Trip Leader candidates:
- Sunday, May 2017: meeting at 14.00,
- Monday: Theory and advanced rescue technics, scenarios
- Tuesday: Assessments
Candidates will be split in groups according to their level and previous experience.
In order to make your guide award current you must provide your Instructor the following:
1.A current first aid certificate (FAC) or equivalent with cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR). (Less than 2 years old).
2.Log book recording each run, signed by the Trip Leader or Operations Manager of the company.
350 Eur for Guide and 210 Eur for Trip Leader candidates
- Registration fees of the IRF
- Transport to the river
- Raft and paddles during the course
- Instructor fees
- Copies of the materials (IRF river signals, award scheme, GTE programme, multiple choice exame)
What’s not included:
- Food and river lunch
- Personal equipment
The Soča river is one of the most beautyful river in Europe with his emerald color and variation of rapids. A perfect place to run our new methods of teatching and to improve your skills at any level.
All equipment are used during the course belong to us and they are the new generation for white water sports.
We need a minimum number of 6 participants to run the Guide course.
For Trip Leader Course the minimum Number of participants is 4. Until 6 candidates we can keep the programme as it is. In case we have 7 or more participants, the programme is going to be one day longer.
If You need help to book accommodation contact: [email protected]
Stores and restaurants available in Bovec.
So pack up your gear and come to join us!
Further info: [email protected]